This video content is for premium members only. Please log in or upgrade your account to view it.
Interested in case studies, stories,
and resources sent to your inbox?
Explorers, Builders, and those working in the world of atoms
People often ask who the GradSchool membership is for. Members typically fall into one of three broad categories, which we’ve been calling ‘Explorers’, ‘Builders’ and those ‘working in the world of atoms’.
This seems to be the evolution of the all-time great entrepreneurs. For example, Elon Musk started ‘exploring’ by acquiring the skills to code creating the video game Blastar. He then went on to ‘build’ Zip2 and PayPal whereas today he ‘works in the world of atoms’ building Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company etc.
So what are ‘Explorers’, ‘Builders’ and those ‘working in the world of atoms’? Let’s break them down!
▪ You have or are acquiring the skills to start a company
▪ You plan on starting a startup / side project but you don’t know exactly what you want to build or who to build it with
▪ Deep dive with experts and participate in ‘request for startups’ and ideation sessions
▪ You know what you’re building but are early in the journey
▪ Maybe you are filling out your founding team or looking for early hires
▪ Tap into the GradSchool community to accelerate your progress and focus on tactical outcomes
Those working in the world of atoms:
▪ You have the skills and plan on or are already working on building a company that works in the world of atoms (i.e. space, new forms of energy, new forms of medicine, new medical devices etc.).
▪ There’s a lot of support and innovation in the world of bits (software companies, internet, mobile etc.) but society is sorely lacking innovation in the world of atoms. Explorers and Builders building software enabled companies don’t necessarily need to raise venture capital (in fact I would argue most shouldn’t as building a $1M/yr business that you own 100% of is a hell of a lot easier than building a $1B business). However, for those working in the world of atoms, raising venture capital is practically a prerequisite.
If you’re building an atoms business we want to help you succeed however we possibly can! Reach out to me directly: email@example.com
Sorry to interrupt
It looks like you're enjoying this article. Did you know we could send it to your inbox?
We also include a bunch of goodies along with it. Kinda like an elementary school birthday party.
You can sign up for this adult birthday party here:
There's more to this content
It's our goal to create the environment for builders and entrepreneurs
We host events, AMAs, give feedback, and help solve entrepreneurial problems.
Here's the tweet that started GradSchool:
Join GradSchool to get content, like the one you just read, delivered to your inbox weekly.
There's a lively community of +150 founders going on a journey of building their companies.
Are you going to join?
Sign up below